Saturday, December 1, 2012

Happy December 1st!

At exactly 12:00:00am Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I received a text from our younger daughter, "Happy December First!" Yes.  Our daughter won the Happy December First contest.  She even added in Christmas Trees, Snowmen and Snowflake emoticons to her text. Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I just laughed.  We had both been trying to win this month's Christmas Happy First Day of the Month and our daughter beat us both.  We are officially ready to start the holiday season.  So Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I told our son that tonight WE ARE GOING OUT.  My son about fell out of his chair.  "You and Dad are GOING OUT?!! As in leaving the house together?  As in on a DATE?"  You can see how often we go out.  It is earth shattering stuff here.  Then my son asked, "Where are you going? Are you going out to dinner? A movie?" No. No. No. No.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I are going to not only ONE but TWO Home Improvement stores!  And then we are going to Walmart!"  Man.  Are we living on the edge or what?  Mr. Yesteryear Acres actually referred to our outing as a date.  TWO HOME IMPROVEMENT STORES!  TWO!  Can you imagine my overwhelmingly enthusiastic reaction?  I am so lucky.  Maybe I will get to stand in the nuts and bolts section for hours while he finds just the right fitting!  OH MY! I wonder what I should wear?!  I better get busy finding JUST the right outfit. I want to look especially nice for our December Date night!!!!! With any luck we will have dinner early - like by 7:00pm and then, we will be off.  Date night at Lowe's AND Home Depot.  I am living the dream!!!!! I better start getting ready now!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!