Saturday, December 15, 2012

Making a list - checking it twice

Whose list is long for the Christmas Must-Do things? I mean seriously - have you ever stopped to think about just how many things we must get done in order to make the magic of the season happen? The magic of the season is ..... that we get it all done! I have such a long list of things to get done within the next 10 days! Or should I say NINE DAYS!  For all of you that are ALL done with everything Christmas and everything Holiday - that is awesome. I am so proud of you.  I rejoice in your ability to rock out the Holiday season all month long. In fact, I wish I were one of you.  I wish that on December 1st that my house was all decorated, my tree twinkling with bright tiny white lights, my Christmas gifts all wrapped, my stocking hung by the Chimney with care......but......I am not that person.  I am the person that cares for doodle doggies all day long.  I am the person that is up early and goes to bed late and has a full schedule and has to somehow squeeze an extra 2 weeks of work into the month of December just to make the magic happen. So right now, I am making a list and checking it twice.  Calmly.  I am not at all worried. I am not at all thinking that I have to.....
Unpack all the Christmas boxes from the attic
Clean the house
Decorate the house
Put up the tree
Decorate the tree
Wrap all the presents
Bake
Cook
Bake
Cook
and Bake some more
Did I mention Bake?
And of course have it all done swiftly so that my work is merely effortless and magical. Mr. Yesteryear Acres said, "If you aren't short on sleep, overworked, too much to get done and if you don't have wrapping paper tape stuck all over you - it isn't Christmas!" Guess I am doing it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!