Thursday, December 6, 2012

Scaramouche Scaramouche! You are Welcome!

I am often afflicted with the "THAT SONG IS STUCK IN MY HEAD" syndrome.  It isn't so bad when let's say Jack Johnson is stuck in my head.  I rather enjoy hearing him over and over.  The reality is that it is hardly ever Jack Johnson or Ben Taylor or something I really love. The song that will inevitably be stuck in my head will be a jingle from a Check Cashing or insurance commercial or a single line from a song that will repeat itself over and over over in my brain.  I have suffered from this affliction all my life.  This past Thanksgiving break my younger daughter took it upon herself to play a OH SO FUN game with me and get Bohemian Rhapsody stuck in my head.  Why Bohemian Rhapsody? I HAVE NO IDEA! We were in the kitchen cooking all day and she would randomly sing lines from the song, and then I retaliated with my lines and then it was her turn and so forth.  Our entire cooking day sounded something like this:
"Mama just killed a man"
"Anyway the wind blows"
"Easy come, easy go"
"Thunderbolt and Lightning, very very frightning ME"
and of course we both had to throw in
"Bismillah! No we will not let you go!"
This went on all day. We cooked and Bohemian Rhapsodied each other until it was time for bed. Just this week, I FINALLY got rid of the song and as it was oddly replaced by Bare Naked Ladies singing "Chickity China the Chinese Chicken" again and again.  Thank goodness I am watchin X-Files with no lights on, dans la maison! So last night my daughter sent me an email.
The subject: Mommy I can't wait to see you!
And when I opened the email....
yes you guessed it
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality.
Open your eyes, Look up to the skies and see,
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,
Because I'm easy come, easy go, Little high, little low,
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me.


Oh she is sooooooo funny. So of COURSE IT IS STUCK IN MY HEAD AGAIN!  My retaliation?  Oh yes.  I just sent her a video of me....singing Bohemian Rhapsody to her.  I know she will just love it!
Scaramouche Scaramouche will you do the fandango
and for all of you tortured by this same affliction
"Nothing Really Matters.  Anyone can see.  Nothing Really Matters,
Nothing Really Matters........
to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
You are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!