Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Girls Week!

Summer Vacation days are something to be treasured. When your children are younger – it feels like you have all the time in the world to spend happy summer days together. Summer days go on forever and there simply is no end in sight. Once your children are older and you look back – I promise you – those carefree summer days will have flown by in an instant. No matter how many times it is repeated – the truth never changes – children grow up in a blink in an eye. My older daughter is coming home at the end of this month from the Naval Academy. She has exactly 3 weeks before she has to report back to duty. This is her last true summer vacation.  The last one. Next May she will be commissioned as an officer in the Navy or Marine Corps and carefree summer fun days will be a thing of the past.  My younger daughter leaves for college just one day after my older daughter has to go back to the Naval Academy.  My 2 girls… Gone. Oh I will be so sad. Really sad. I will miss them. The house won’t feel the same without them here. This small window of time will be the last time my 2 girls and I will be together during the summer – for a long, long, long time. It is our last summer vacation. Mr. Yesteryear Acres, being the bestest most loving person EVER – is making our last summer days together something we will never ever forget. Next week my two daughters and I are going away together for an entire week! I am SO excited!!!!  Mr. Yesteryear Acres knows how much I am going to miss my girls and to have a whole week with nothing but girl time means the world to me. I have never gone somewhere with just my girls and I cannot wait! We are having a Girls Week – full of food, fun and sun!!!  Not only will I treasure this vacation – I will treasure Mr. Yesteryear Acres thoughtfulness in making this dream come true. Get ready girls……7 days until the fun begins!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!