Saturday, July 16, 2011

I Love Summer

Oh how I love summer time!!!!  We have been soaking up every second of summer time happiness this week. I love sitting out on our dock reading a book. I love swimming in our pond. I love having all day to spend with the kids. I love watching them play together and having so much fun together. I love how summer makes us all feel like kids again.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres even takes time out of his day to enjoy the happy summertime fun.  Yesterday his cannonballs off the dock were epic.  He is the master of diving. We all spent hours in the pond having a blast only to be followed by a full evening of outdoor fun. We have had campfire dinners every single night this week. Mr. Yesteryear Acres can make the most delicious meals over an open campfire.  His steaks are mouthwatering, his pork chops are heavenly. Mmmm. I can't wait to see what he has planned for tonight! We have stayed outside enjoying the sunsets and the big orange moon rising until late into the evening every single night. We have had lots of company too.  We have one mommy deer with 2 little twin babies and another mommy with a teeny tiny baby. They have been visiting the pond for some cool drinks at night. We also have our lovely geese family, a rabbit family, a nest of mockingbirds and one hummingbird that has been visiting us every night out by the pond. With a forest full of lightening bugs and beautiful clear starry nights - I give thanks every night for such a glorious day. Thank you summertime!!!! You rejuvenate my very soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!