Sunday, July 3, 2011

S'more Genius

Little did I know ....my son is an evil S'more Genius.  We all know my weakness for S'mores. Heavenly gooey marshmallow goodness bathed in melted milk chocolate.  I cannot resist.  I have been making a concerted effort to be "less fluffy."  I am doing rather well and have been making real progress.  The other night - I was completely powerless. Try as I might - I could not resist the call of the S'more.  I made one perfectly delicious s'more and savored every bite.  I was happy. I was content. One great awesome perfect s'more and all was right with the world. Then the unthinkable happened.  My son asked, "What would happen if you put a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup on the graham cracker and made your s'more with that?" I said, "Don't!" "Stop!" "You can DO that!!!" But he didn't listen.  He made a Reese's Peanut butter cup S'more. I could smell the mouth watering goodness.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres then decided that he too had to try this new S'more recipe.  Every bite elicited an "Mmmmmmmmmmmm! OH MY GOSHHHHHHHHHH! THIS IS SOOOOOOO GOOD!"  Then my daughter made one.  Her reaction - exactly the same.  They were all literally oooohing and ahhhhing and mmmmmmmm.  What could I do? Deny my son's evil genius for creating a new s'more recipe? Of course not.  Of course I had to make one for myself. OH MY GOSH! You just don't know.  Have you ever had Fluffer Nutter sandwiches?  You know - the marshmallow fluff/peanut butter sandwiches on squishy white bread?  Well this is one step further in greatness.  The chocolate melts and the peanut butter melts and the marshmallows are all gooey and the cracker is all crunchy and before you know it - the entire Reese's S'more is GONE! And all you can think is, "I must have another one!!!!" Tonight everyone is asking for another campfire. I know what they are thinking. I know what they are planning.  I am already hearing that you have to CELEBRATE the 4th of July. I know what is coming.  How can I be LESS fluffy if I am eating marshmallow fluffy goodness? I will do myself to limit myself to one.  I am thinking I am doomed to fail.  My mouth is already watering at the mere thought! Is it campfire time yet???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!