Friday, November 18, 2011

November Thankfulness - Day 18 - Love Nature

Today I took the time out of my day to go take a walk at the beautiful arboretum that is close to our home.  It has over 3,000 acres of lovely nature to enjoy.  I just love going there. It is so peaceful and so beautiful.  You can't help but be in awe when surrounded by nothing but trees and pastures and flowers, and rolling hills as far as your eye can see. It can really rejuvenate your very soul.  As I walked today, I didn't even wear my headphones. I usually have music playing as I do my exercise walk - but it was just so crisp and cool and blue and beautiful outside today, I decided just to soak it all in. I listened to the crunching of the leaves under my feet, watched the squirrels chase each other for the last of autumn's harvest and admired the difference in the landscape now that autumn is coming to a close.  The views were much different today as opposed to one month ago when all the trees were still full of leaves.  It felt a bit desolated as the trees were bare and there was not one single soul out walking today.  I did have to break out the winter coat and gloves but I am prepared to brave the cold air in exchange for breathing in a little bit of Nature's blessings. I am glad I did.  The walk was serene and peaceful and reminded me once again how thankful I am for the Nature that surrounds me.  I feel blessed to be among the trees and fields of green. It is a beautiful place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!