Monday, November 7, 2011

November Thankfulness - Day 7 - The little things

Today's thankfulness is all about the little things. Not every day is a magnificently special unbelievable WOW day.  Most days are just normal days.  Nothing especially interesting. Nothing especially dreadful.  Just a run of the mill normal day. You might not even think to give thanks on these days. Nothing really sticks in your mind as being memorable and before you know it, the whole day is gone just like that.  The thing is - if you look for things to be thankful for - then even your run of the mill normal days will provide you with plenty of gratefulness.  Today was one of those busy days full of nonstop work but here are a few of the little things that made me smile.  I love getting texts from my 2 daughters that just say "Hi Mommy" or "I love you"  I get one just about every day.  That always puts a smile on my face.  I got my mountain of laundry COMPLETELY folded - so again - another reason to smile.  I trimmed all the puppy toes today and was thankful that I had cute little puppy nails to trim.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I had lunch together today and I was thankful to share a few minutes with him.  This evening when I was outside at dusk, the bright moon was rising in the sky and the silhouette was really beautiful.  As I was admiring the moon, a bluebird flew right in front of me and sat in the limb of the tree.  I took a moment to just stop and breathe and take in the beautiful scenery that surrounded me.  I am always so thankful for the beauty in nature. I guess the thing I am most thankful for today - is that I never forget to give thanks.  I think a grateful life is a happy life. Here's to all the little smiles that add up to one happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!