Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November Thankfulness - Day 16 - I am Dry!

Oh today marks a milestone in puppy housebreaking progress!  AND I am SO thankful!  Today I stood on my porch, where it was dry, and opened the door for the puppy and she went outside ALL by herself to go potty! YEA!  I didn't have to go out in the rain! I didn't have to walk through the wet grass.  I didn't have to sing the "Go Potty...Go Potty" song.  In just two short weeks, the little light bulb has gone on in my puppy's head and "let's go potty" has become a million times easier.  This is a very good thing to be thankful for. This is a very big step in the housebreaking happiness.  I honestly think the trip to Annapolis sped up the whole process.  When I was there I had to carry the puppy down 5 flights of stairs, all the while she was thinking, "I can't wait to get to the bottom so I can go potty". Once we finally made it outside, she had to pee immediately.  She hit the grass - and she was done.  The long anticipation of getting outside probably made her more cognizant of what was expected of her once we got to the grass. Who knew that a long road trip, a hotel room on the 5th floor, a long road trip back would actually accelerate the housebreaking process? This is a November Thankfulness that will last and last and last.  Tomorrow morning..... I am staying in my pajamas!  On the porch!  And I will be DRY! YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!