Sunday, November 20, 2011

November Thankfulness - Day 20 - Blogging

I have been writing a daily blog for over two and a half years without missing a single day's entry.  Most of the time, I know exactly what I am going to write about. Something happens during the day and I have the AHA! I AM GOING TO BLOG ABOUT THAT! moment. Every now and then I have a family member say, "OH NO! You are going to blog that aren't you???" And of course the answer is, "YES!" I like those days because the blog practically writes itself. Once in a while I am forced to stare at the blinking cursor racking my brains over something worth sharing. In all honesty - my days are very repetitive. I clean up puppy poop about every 30 minutes.  I water the puppies every 2 hours and take ALL the puppies out and then ALL the puppies back in. By the time I get that done - it is time to do it all again!  It doesn't matter if it is blazing hot or bitterly cold.  Every day is pretty much the same routine.  Same goes for Mr. Yesteryear Acres. Poop patrol, doggie feeding, washing doggie buckets etc.  If I wrote, "hey I cleaned up poop" every time I did it, I could fill endless pages with puppy poop repetitive boredom. I clean a lot of poop! So I try to share a little insight into things other than puppy poop and share a bit of myself every day. My blogs immediately post on my blogger site.  The second I hit "publish" there they are.  Facebook used to have an import blog application and although it didn't fetch the blog every 2 hours like it was supposed to, it fetched my blog regularly enough that it kept my blogs fairly current.  In early September the wise people at facebook decided to eliminate the fetching of blogs.  Of course they didn't come out and say that - it was kind of like "WHERE IN THE HECK is the import blog button???"  Once they admitted they removed that ability, I have been working hard for a solution.  About 2 weeks ago, I added the Networked Blogs app and had it go fetch my blog.  It does it very reliably but the blogs don't appear in the newsfeed. I found that out today when a few people let me know they missed me.  I was thinking, "where did I go?"  I have still been writing every day. So I think I will try to manually post the link into my status along with the Networked Blog app and hopefully that will work.  My thankfulness for today???? Thank you to everyone who reads my blog. I am thankful that you like my writing. I am thankful that you tune in to see what is going on here at Yesteryear Acres. I am thankful for all the feedback. I am thankful for all the comments. I am thankful that my writing touches you, makes you laugh, makes you think, makes you appreciate and hug your family just a little more than you did the day before.  I am thankful to all my readers.  THANK YOU! Tune in tomorrow! You know I will be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!