Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Gotta Keep Walking!

I may have mentioned once or twice that I have a slight competitive streak. Well my sister is really pushing me into the land of unreasonableness.  We both have this device that measures our daily steps and although our goal for each day is 10,000 steps, we are surpassing that goal by the thousands.  She can see my steps online and I can see hers and every time one of us gets close to the other, it is a full out walk-a-thon.  The other night at 9:45pm, I realized how close she was to beating me for the day.  Could I let this happen? NO WAY! What was I to do?  She was ahead by almost 2,000 steps!  It was DARK outside.  It was NIGHT TIME. Did this stop me?  Of course not.  I sweet talked Mr. Yesteryear Acres into taking a night time hike with me.  I am rather afraid of the dark and I just can't go out walking by myself at night.  I have poor night vision and honestly - every noise makes me jump. I just don't like being in the dark at all.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres knows this about me so of course he offered to go with me.  It was a nice walk and was the best part.......being with Mr. Yesteryear Acres? Ummmmmmmmmm. Nope.  The best part was I WON FOR THE DAY!  YES!  My sister is out for revenge.  She is going to WALK all the way to town and then she is going to go out DANCING for the night.  Oh no!!!!  I better start walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!