Monday, March 18, 2013

Winter Storm

I definitely thought I would be home by now. I definitely thought the worst of the winter weather was finally behind us.  I mean it IS mid-March! Well it looks like the snowstorm and ice storm in the mountains has different plans for me.  The winter snowy ice-filled storm in the mountains is keeping me from getting home to my sweet Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son and seeing Mr. Yesteryear Acres Mommy (and Dad too).  When my older daughter was at the Naval Academy there was a horrible blizzard that really hit the mountain pass hard.  I ignored all the storm warnings.  I ignored all the blizzard warnings.  I drove about 25mph as my top speed through a blinding snowstorm and vowed never to do that again.  It took me over 15 hours to get home and I passed so many overturned cars and trucks.  It was the scariest drive of my life.  And so I read the freezing rain, ice and snowstorm warnings and unlike last time - I believed them! I will have to wait it out until the storm passes before tackling the mountain route. When they say "winter storm" here, they mean it!

2 comments:

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!