Friday, March 22, 2013

Now that's what I call hiking

My son and I have been walking together almost every day after school.  He loves to take the dogs with us and we have been putting in some serious miles. We are up to taking 3 doodle dogs at once and they are doing really great walking in the big group.  We usually go to the Arboretum and walk there.  I love the Arboretum because there are several trails and no matter what the weather, you can find a nice trail to walk on.  When it is really muddy, we walk the auto tour road and never get wet. Awesome! Well today, it was so busy here, we really didn't have time to go to the Arboretum. I was sad to miss our walk and my son suggested we walk at home.  Yesteryear Acres backs up to another farm which has over 100 acres and we have permission to walk there any time we would like so between our acreage and theirs, we have some nice walking trails.  We decided we would go all the way up to the top of the hill and hike for about 45 minutes. UGH. My son LOVED it!  The Doodle Doggies LOVED it! Me.......not so much.  It was really muddy and it was the kind of mud that tries to suck the shoes right off of your feet.  Did this bother my son? Noooooo. Did this bother the doodle doggies? Noooooo. Did this bother me? YES!  My shoes kept getting heavier and heavier.  I kept slipping and sliding. I was thinking, "Dear ankles....please don't break!"  Meanwhile my son had the biggest smile on his face. "OH BOY! MUD! MUD AND DOODLE DOGGIE FUN!" The doodle doggies had the biggest smiles on their faces.  "OH BOY!  NO LEASH!  WE CAN RUN RUN RUN EVERYWHERE and SPLASH MUD!"  I did make it the entire walk.  Of course my shoes will never be the same but my son said that was the BEST WALK EVER so I guess it was a success.  Time for a major bath for me........and the doodle doggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!