Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Midnight Snack

Oh my goodness.  How can I resist? How can I find the willpower?  How can I find the strength to ward off the deliciousness that awaits me in my kitchen?  Sitting on my counter, in my kitchen, are mouth-watering delights of goodness.  My mom had a long, long, long, drive and late last night at 11:30pm, she dropped off some goodies on her way home. What goodies you ask?

Caramel Covered Marshmallows
Caramel Covered Rice Krispy Treats
Homemade Caramels
and
Mr. Yesteryear Acres favorite.....Milk Chocolate Bear Claws

Oh no!  They are so goooooooooooood! They are so yummy!  They call to me all day long!  I can hear the marshmallows saying, "I am so lonely. Come and taste how yummy!"  Last night there was simply no will power to stop.  There Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I sat, at midnight, with our box of heavenly goodness, and we ate.  And smiled.  And ate some more.  AND to make it even more perfect, Mr. Yesteryear Acres sat with me as I watched the season finale of a ridiculous show that I love. It was a THREE HOUR finale.  I didn't even get to sit down to start watching it until 10:45pm!  And we saw the whole thing.  True love?  I think so!  And as luck would have it.....we have just enough goodness left for round two tonight! Midnight snack?  Yes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!