Saturday, September 13, 2014

And then this happened.....

We have no small shortage of big eaters here at Yesteryear Acres.  We have been known to completely demolish an entire meal in mere seconds. We love food and we usually have pretty delicious food to enjoy. So it shouldn't be shocking to hear that the entire batch of M&M cookies were gone before I could even put them away.  They were definitely enjoyed and they were definitely gone.  This morning I decided to make another batch of cookies.  Why not?  The crisp fall air just beckoned me to make a batch of Molasses Oatmeal Cookies.  As I was making the cookies......this happened........
I was literally attacked by a bag of potato chips and a container of French Onion Dip.  The onion dip threw itself out of the refrigerator, onto the counter top, opened its lid and threw in a spoon.  Before I even had a chance to comprehend the hurtling of the dip, the potato chips whipped out of the pantry, unrolled the bag and scattered chips next to the dip.  I was forced to have one.  What followed next can only be described as beyond my control.  I am sure you have heard the adage, "You can't eat just one".....well I adhered to that rule.  After the potato chip massacre, the oven timer went off.  And then this happened....
Hot Fresh Molasses Oatmeal Cookies.  At this point, I was so far down the nutritional sinkhole, what could be done? Somehow the cookies found their way to a napkin and somehow the jug of milk jumped onto the counter and poured itself into a tall glass and somehow I was forced to eat hot baked cookies. All I can say is that I hope tomorrow the lettuce decides to toss itself right into a nice healthy salad.  Clearly I need better food friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!