Friday, January 1, 2016

Passing Down the Tradition

For over a quarter of a century, we have all gone to Mr. Yesteryear Acres parents house for New Years Day dinner.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres mom always makes Good Luck Pork & Sauerkraut, Mashed Potatoes and a Strawberry Salad. It is the very best way to start the New Year. This year the New Year Dinner tradition was passed down to me.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I started preparing dinner this morning and I have to admit, despite the fact I cook big dinners all the time, I was nervous for tonight's dinner.  I now carried the torch for the big Good Luck dinner and I wanted to make Mr. Yesteryear Acres mom and dad proud. Tonight as we opened the lid to the brand new giant cast iron pot.......PERFECTION!  Whew!!!  Dinner was delicious!  Dessert was delicious too and thank goodness because.......
Today is Bri's Birthday!!!!!!  Happy 20th Birthday Bri!!!!!!
Homemade Carrot Cake for the Birthday Girl!

May all your wishes come true!
Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!