Sunday, June 5, 2011

In a Blink of an Eye

Today was my daughter's high school graduation. In my defense - I was doing REALLY well with the, "I will NOT cry" idea until the featured commencement speaker began reading a letter he wrote to his daughter. He started crying as he read his letter of devotion to his little girl. Now I ask you - who can remain stoic watching a father's love pour down to his little girl? There wasn't a dry eye in the house. It was a really meaningful wonderfully written letter and it exemplified what all Mommies and Daddies were feeling that day. I couldn't have said it better myself.  Even the high school graduates had tears rolling down their face. There is just something about the expression of true love, of a Daddy missing his little girl as she heads off to find her own path in this world, of all the hopes and dreams and wishes for the future that just touches your very soul. We were all moved. I watched my little girl cross the stage and receive her diploma. All I could think was - it all went by so fast. In one instant she went from

Coming home from the hospital

Snuggling with her big sister
Catching snowflakes with their Daddy
Snuggle time with their baby brother
Playing in their awesome fort
Loving all the sweet Yesteryear Acres puppies
And then I turned around and the next thing
she was off to her Senior Prom
High School Graduation picture with
her "little" brother
and for just a few precious moments more
Our little girl
The High School Graduate.
Congratulations!
We love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!