Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mooooooooooom!

"Moooooooooooooooom!!!!!!!! MOM! MOM! MOM! MOM! COME HERE!!!!!!!! OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!" That is one of the first things I hear this morning. My son is yelling for me in a horrified slight panicky voice. What goes through my mind? The puppies, the dogs, my son, Mr. Yesteryear Acres, my daughter, the house....What horrible thing is happening????  I run to the kitchen and there is my son sitting with the SADDEST look on his face.  He is looking into his bowl of cereal.  I asked him what was wrong. He said, " I ACCIDENTALLY POURED the FRESH SQUEEZED LEMONADE into my bowl of CEREAL!!!!" Yep. There in his frosted mini wheats - was a big bowl full of lemonade. I have to say - it didn't look very appetizing.  My son said in his saddest voice, "I haven't even had a GLASS of your lemonade yet!!!!" Of course I said, "well now you have a bowlful!"  For a split second I wanted to be a bit mad about it.  I mean I sat there and squeezed enough lemons to make an entire gallon of fresh squeezed lemonade.  I even went as far as to boil a simple syrup the day before to ensure it was just the most delicious homemade lemonade ever. And of course it was YUMMY! I clearly marked the gallon with "FRESH SQUEEZED LEMONADE....MADE WITH LOVE" right on the jug.  Now granted, I did wash and clean an empty milk jug and if one were to haphazardly grab the very first gallon in the refrigerator, they might grab the lemonade BUT it was clearly marked in large black letters. My son just looked at me with sad little puppy dog eyes - and then in his sadness, in his lowest moment of the morning, in his pitiful bowl of frosted mini wheats ala lemonade .....I laughed. I laughed and laughed and then my daughter ran out and she started cracking up and then we laughed even harder. My son ended up pouring the lemonade out of the bowl and into a glass and drank it.  He wasn't going to waste one drop of the lemonade.  Then he poured some milk into his lemon soaked mini wheats and ate his breakfast.  For all of you wondering....my son does not recommend lemon milk mini wheats.  Just stick with the original recipe of milk in the cereal bowl. It is MUCH better that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!