Thursday, June 9, 2011

How about baking another loaf of bread?

I have been busy cooking all day long. Tomorrow I am headed to the Naval Academy and am bringing along tons of goodies. Friday night my older daughter gets a weekend leave from the Leatherneck training with the Marines.  She has been so busy that she hasn't had time to eat and I have been instructed to bring food. Lots of food!  I made a huge batch of spaghetti with meat sauce and cooked 2lbs of noodles. I made a loaf of fresh potato bread this morning and I have a giant stockpot of pot roast cooking on the stove. Mr. Yesteryear Acres has a slow roasted crispy lemon chicken roasting in the oven.  My younger daughter made oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips and dried cherries.  I am thinking we are pretty set for the food fest. I made double of everything so that Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my younger daughter will have plenty of food while I am away for the weekend.  Tomorrow morning bright and early I am loading up the "puppy mobile" / "meals on wheels" and heading east. I have a few puppy deliveries to make along the way. I am traveling all by myself so I hope the trip goes smoothly. Other than the excruciatingly hot weather, I think it will be a good trip. I have all the puppy bags packed, the care packages ready and I should be all set..... Except for one small tiny detail. Evidently the potato bread smells WAY too good to be left standing all alone on the counter. Evidently the potato bread MUST be eaten with the crispy chicken. Evidently the potato bread feels neglected and sad and the only way to make it feel better is to eat it tonight.  Guess I will go bake another loaf of bread. I certainly wouldn't want to leave a lonely loaf of bread beckoning people to eat it. That would just be cruel. Back to the baking board!

1 comment:

  1. Would love the recipe for your potato bread. It sounds delicious! We make homemade sourdough bread all of the time, so potato would be a nice change of pace.

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!