Thursday, June 30, 2011

Campfire Dinner

I am so excited for tonight's dinner.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres is cooking our dinner over the campfire. I love having our dinners outside gathered around the roaring campfire with the stars twinkling in the sky. Tonight's menu is Campfire Steak, Potatoes, Onions, Artichoke Hearts and for dinner....what else? SMORES! mmmmmmmm!  We have all been working hard all day so that tonight we can just kick back and enjoy the evening. It is supposed to be a brilliantly clear sky so maybe we will be lucky and see a falling star or two. It is a good way to celebrate the end of the month. I cannot even believe that tomorrow is July 1st.  1/3 of the summer is already over! To say that it literally flew right by still isn't descriptive enough. It feels like school ended only yesterday - yet it is almost time for the big fireworks celebration. I hope July sticks around for a long while. I am not done enjoying my summer and want it to last as long as possible. I am grasping onto each and every day, holding a little piece in my heart, knowing it is the last summer before my next little girl heads off to college. I think I will cook an exceptionally perfect smore for her tonight. My ingredients for perfect smores....
Summer Days
Happy Childhood Memories
Unending Love
Laughter
Family
and
one gooey sticky melty toasty delicious marshmallow
mmmm Just Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!