Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankfulness begins now

November is the month of Thanksgiving.  I know you are thinking - Thanksgiving is just one solitary day in November  - but here at Yesteryear Acres, Thanksgiving lasts the entire month.  Every November 1st, I begin my month of thankfulness.  I like to take time each and every day of November to show gratitude and appreciation for something I am thankful for in my life. Thanksgiving is too big to be squished into one day.  Thanksgiving is every day. So for November 1st, I am thankful for my home. 

I love my home.  I loved my home from the very first day I saw it. I was standing in a checkout line at the grocery store and I was flipping through a realtor's brochure when I first saw Yesteryear Acres. The second I saw that picture - I was in love.  I knew that it was THE house where Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I were meant to live. I made an appointment to see the house and let the realtor know right up front, that the house was WAY out of our budget but I just had to see a house that beautiful.  He was very gracious and allowed us to come and see the place even though it was just a far off dream.  Of course we fell in love even more when we saw it and I wrote a very long letter to the owners of the house.  I let them know that if they ever wanted to sell their home to a family that would love and cherish their home, that would restore it back to its original 1823 beauty, that would keep the land intact and would have gardens and picnics and would treasure their home all the days of their lives - well then - we were that family.  I let them know that we couldn't afford their asking price but there wouldn't be one day that would go by that we didn't love our home with all our hearts.  We left my letter with the realtor and said goodbye to the most beautiful place we had ever seen. We never heard from the owners but thought of the house often. One year later, the realtor called us out of the blue and said that if we still loved the home, the owners agreed to sell it to us.  We could NOT believe it!!!  It was literally a dream come true. We named it Yesteryear Acres because it was built so long ago and had the acreage we had always dreamed of.  And so here we are, living our dream at Yesteryear Acres.   Our home is filled to the brim with love and happiness.  And true to our word - every day I am grateful. 

1 comment:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes! What a beautiful happy ever after!

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!