Friday, February 7, 2014

I Got The Subtle Hint

A couple of days ago my son told me that he was really really missing his sister.  I stood there with my heart filling up with love thinking about that special bond that siblings share when he said, "Because when she was home, she made me cookies."  OH.  I see.  Then two days ago he told me that Laura's kids were having the best day EVER.  I asked him why and he said, because Laura made her kids COOKIES today.  OH. Again.  I see.  This was followed by several subtle hints such as, "Do you know what would make today a GREAT day?" Answer - Cookies.  Or "What are we having for dinner.......COOKIES??!!!!" And "You know what we haven't had in a really long time?" And "I bet you don't know what would give you the title, 'GREATEST MOM IN THE WORLD' do you?"  I got it.  I got it.  His subtlety was not lost on me.  So any guesses as to what I did today before my son came home from school?  Yes.  Yes.  I finally made him cookies.  I greeted him by the door with a plate full of hot freshly baked Molasses Oatmeal cookies and the huge smile on his face was all the thanks I needed.  He got out a big glass of milk and happily devoured his after school snack.  Gee.  If he wanted cookies that badly - all he had to do was ask!

Mr. Yesteryear Acres - you better come inside soon.  The cookie monster is home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!