Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sharing Hot Chocolate - Bad Idea

My son has been battling a cold now for over a week.  It isn't really that bad but he has gone through his fair share of tissues. The other day he made me a cup of hot chocolate.  It was REALLY good. It was so good in fact that I made him taste how good it was.  I then shared my perfect cup of hot chocolate with him.  Bad idea. Two nights ago, I went to bed with a sore throat.  It was really sore.  When I woke up, not only did I have a sore throat but I was pretty congested as well.  All day yesterday I was in complete denial of my impending doom.  I drank tea.  I drank orange juice. I drank copious amounts of water.  I took extra vitamins.  I was definitely NOT getting sick.  No way.  I haven't been sick in over a year.  I am definitely not not not getting sick.  Last night I went to bed unable to breathe.  I surrounded myself with tissues.  I couldn't even sleep without tissues plastered to my face.  This morning....I must face the music.  I am sick.  I called Mr. Yesteryear Acres mommy to tell her that I cannot make her birthday dinner this weekend.  I don't think she wants to share what I have and I don't think I can muster up the strength to prepare the birthday feast.  I am admitting defeat.  I am waving the white flag......  under my nose because I need more tissues!!!! WAH!

1 comment:

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!