Sunday, February 9, 2014

King of the Mountain

Every now and then I think.....what would it be like to crawl under a pile of warm blankets with a book and sit by the fire and just relax? I close my eyes and a big smile spreads across my face as I imagine the tranquil peaceful scene ....and just when I think - wow, I would love that, my momentary fantasy is interrupted. MOM!  COME OUTSIDE! That nanosecond is about as close as I will ever get to actually crawling under a pile of warm blankets but that's okay because this is what I saw when I went outside -
My son was playing King of the Mountain with the doodle doggies

The big dogs had no problem beating my son to the top of snow mountain, but Grits wasn't so sure

Finally she conquered the snow mountain and then the doggies played King of the Mountain without my son for the rest of the afternoon.
Snow days are too much fun around here!

To warm everyone up for dinner last night I made homemade fettuccine noodles and topped it with a spicy tomato, artichoke heart and olive sauce.  It was so delicious that after dinner, Mr. Yesteryear Acres went outside and made the BIGGEST snow heart ever.  It took up the entire back hill.  He said that is how much he loved his dinner (and me).  I was going to take a picture of my big snow heart this morning, but this is what greeted me when I opened the door

LOTS more snow!  Mr. Yesteryear Acres snow heart disappeared.

Never fear though - 

Grits and I will make a new one!
Happy Snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!