Thursday, November 20, 2014

Nov 20 - Thankful for Gratitude

My son told me about an article he read for school that said gratitude was the number one predictor of future success and happiness. Those people who appreciate their many blessings are much more satisfied with life and find more successes than those who neglect to appreciate what they already have. We both agreed with the article.  Expressing gratitude is something Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I have made a priority in our lives. When our children were very little, we started a dinner time tradition of sharing what our favorite thing of the day was.  Even in the worst of days, there is always something to be grateful for. Sometimes it might be something as seemingly trivial as the food served at dinner but focusing on how lucky we are to have dinner together brings the crazy hectic world into focus.  We are grateful for our dinners we share together. We are grateful for the food on the table.  We are grateful for the roof over our heads and the comfy beds to lay our heads on each night.  We never forget to give thanks and in giving our thanks, we lead lives full of appreciation.  Nothing is taken for granted and we feel beyond blessed as we are surrounded by love each and every day. I am thankful for the feelings of gratitude that fill me with happiness.  I am thankful for my life and all my blessings.  I am thankful to have so much to be thankful for and I am forever grateful for my family, my Doodle Doggies and my life at Yesteryear Acres.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!