Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Calories Don't Count

This Christmas season our house has been full of scrumptious heavenly goodness. I have so many Christmas cookies that I can have a cookie with breakfast and then another one for a mid-morning snack and then one for my dessert after lunch and then one around 3:00 in the afternoon, then more for dessert after dinner and let's not forget the late night evening cookie snack.  It is Christmas Cookie wonderland here! If that were not enough, my daughter made the most delicious pie ever.  When Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I were on vacation a few years ago we had a pie called, Banofee Pie. It is a toffee pie with bananas.  It is beyond heavenly.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres remembered how much I loved that pie and asked our daughter to make one for Christmas.  Oh my gosh!  She got it JUST right and it is sooooooo good.  It has thick gooey caramel and fresh sliced bananas.  I can't tell you how mouth-watering good that pie is.  I will dream of it every night!  To add further to our calorie collection, tonight Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I made homemade spaghetti noodles that turned out perfectly.  Oh my goodness - I am SOOOOOO glad Christmas Calories don't count!  Can the Christmas season last until January?  I still have some cookies to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!