Thursday, December 18, 2014

Shiny Happy Light

Last night Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I finally found a few minutes to get some Christmas shopping done and then came home and worked until 1:45am.  This morning I was up by 6:30am and back at it again. We are soooooooo close to getting our projects finished. I think we have one last huge work day tomorrow and then we might be able to sit down for a few minutes to enjoy all our hard work.  There seems to be a bright shiny happy light at the end of my endless work tunnel. Things that are happy:
Mr. Blue Argyle Goldendoodle puppy has an awesome family to love and is now spoken for

My Christmas shopping is almost done!

My kitchen is almost done!

My website company got their servers up and running and my website JUST STARTED WORKING tonight!  I am going to publish my updates! (This makes me SO happy!!!!)

I am getting an awesome Christmas present in the mail on Monday.  I am excited!

I have cleaned up and organized so many things that I feel my kitchen will stay neat and tidy for a very long time.  We did more than surface clean.  We have new shelves.  We moved the washer and dryer. We reorganized every single kitchen cabinet, emptied and cleaned all of our kitchen drawers, and our entire pantry. Everything was taken out and cleaned and re-organized. It looks awesome!

I had a Christmas Elf named Bri working today and my entire house is now dusted and vacuumed and my mountain of laundry is folded.

AND I think even though my older daughter is officially gone and on deployment - we are finally starting to feel a bit of the Christmas spirit.  We have just been working so hard, partially because the house needed it and partially because we were so sad.  Saying goodbye to her for an entire year was very difficult.  This will be a long deployment and we all deeply feel her absence. A piece of our hearts broke the day we said goodbye. Digging into the house projects has kept our minds and hearts busy.  Now that we are getting closer to finishing and got our Christmas shopping done, I think we are ready to put our tree up and enjoy the beauty of the season. My shiny happy light feels wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!