Saturday, January 10, 2015

And Credit Too

My younger daughter will be graduating this Spring with a degree in Psychology and Nutrition and she was given the exciting opportunity to take a class this winter in...... Peru!!! The University offered a class on Psychological Perspectives in Health and Well-Being that began in Cuzco and ended in Lima. An adventure trip to South America AND college credit too! My daughter left shortly after Christmas for this amazing journey and I am so excited for her to return so she can tell me every detail.  I did receive small snippets of updates while she was gone so I know she had the frustration of absolutely no luggage arriving at her destination which was a hard way to start her journey.  I can't tell you how many times I called the South American airline company to try and track down her backpack.  I am fairly certain when the majority of baggage claim people applied for their jobs that helpfulness, thoughtfulness, smiling, compassion, empathy, warmth and kindness are considered faults. It was frustrating to say the least.  Thankfully our family is very quick to move on to Plan B - so my daughter didn't let her lost luggage ruin her adventure. I think the highlight of the trip might have been her exhilarating hike up Machu Picchu. She said it was the most awe-inspiring, scary, thrilling, beautiful, amazing moment of her life.  I am so excited for her to get back home so I can hear all about it! I think she might write a few guest blogs for Yesteryear Acres so she can share her adventures here too. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!