Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Last night Mr. Yesteryear Acres stayed awake and made it to midnight so we all got to bring in the New Year together. He often doesn't make it to see the ball drop so it was nice to do the big count down with him. Something about counting down out loud makes the whole bringing in of the new year even more exciting. I think the fact I made homemade cookie dough ice cream helped keep Mr. Yesteryear Acres awake.  I timed the ice cream to be ready right at 11:30pm.  It was an excellent plan as we had a bowl of delicious ice cream with big chunks of cookie dough to enjoy as the ball dropped. Who doesn't stay awake for that?!?! As soon we were done wishing each other Happy New Year, the New Year jokes began...... "I haven't let the dogs out all year!" "I have kept my New Year's Resolutions all year!" "I haven't had one piece of candy all year!"  That one actually didn't last that long.....Christmas candy was eaten before I went to bed last night. We kept up the jokes today and have enjoyed our first day of the New Year. My son's girlfriend Bri has a New Year's Day birthday so we have been celebrating her birthday as well.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I got her a pink fishing pole so that she can go fishing in our pond in style. Pink is her favorite color and this one lights up and sparkles when you reel.

She says that she is now ready to catch more fish than my son and the competition is on! Tonight we had our good luck New Year's Day dinner that Mr. Yesteryear Acres mom made for us. She always makes Pork and Sauerkraut every January first. This year she made her most awesome dinner as usual AND she had a special birthday cake for dessert.
It was all delicious!


I would say our first day of the brand new year was perfect. Here's to 364 more! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!