Thursday, April 2, 2015

Does Anybody Have a Banana?

I have been saying this is the BEST DAY EVER all week long but.....THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!  Today we were on a river cruise, with jungle on either side of the banks. There was a chance to see dolphins, manatees, crocodiles and tons of birds on this cruise.  We were super excited about the day! The river was beautiful and the boat was pretty fast and the breeze and sun just felt wonderful.  We were cruising along when all of the sudden the captain stopped and asked, "Does anybody have a banana?"  I had put a banana in my purse that morning in case I got hungry during the day so I raised my hand and said that I did.  Well the Captain said for me to come up to the front of the boat and climb out onto the bow. He showed us the Spider Monkeys hanging out in the trees and said one might come down from the trees for a banana.  I didn't hesitate for a second and ran to the front of the boat and was on the bow with my hand outstretched with the banana and.....A MONKEY CAME DOWN!
Here is the monkey coming down to grab my banana

I could not believe this was happening!

The monkey took the banana and then stayed there! The Captain said he had not seen anything like that in the past four years!

The monkey broke the banana in half and he decided to hang out with me

I just sat there watching the monkey

It was the coolest sight ever

I was thinking, "Thanks past self!  That was the best banana I never ate!"

I finally remembered to pull out my camera so I could take pictures

I was this close to the monkey!

I never imagined I would have a wild monkey encounter like this

Best Banana EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!