Friday, February 19, 2016

Can you hear me?

Last night I made one batch of Old World Raspberry Bars and one batch of Old World Fig Bars.  They were exceptionally delicious.  We ate our allotted serving of dessert with great enthusiasm and joy. This morning.....I clearly heard the leftover Raspberry bars calling me.  They said, "It doesn't matter that it is morning......you should eat another one!"  As much as I tried to ignore their pleas, I could not.  I took out a teeny tiny baby spoon and cut exactly one bite.  Oh my goodness!  The bars were even better than they were last night!  I told Mr. Yesteryear Acres that his fig bars were calling him and he IGNORED THEM!  I couldn't believe it.  The fig bars were clearly yelling for him to eat them - but he didn't budge.  I thought perhaps Mr. Yesteryear Acres was losing his hearing.  I worried that perhaps he could no longer hear the calls from the pastry drawer.  Thankfully at 11am this morning, the fig bars cries made it to Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I caught him with a big spoon in the pan.  Aha!  So you CAN hear them!!!!  This is pretty much how it went all day.  Every time we walked into the kitchen, the pastry drawer opened, the spoon went in, and the bars got that much smaller.  I am quite certain the entire 11" square pan will be completely empty before dinner. Both 11" pans.  Hey...did you hear that?  ANOTHER BITE WAITING!  I gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!