Friday, February 26, 2016

Just Get Going

Despite all the work I do every single day here at Yesteryear Acres, I generally am a lazy person.  If given a choice between running around all day and watching a movie with a big bowl of popcorn, the movie would win every time. It is so rare for me to ever have a lazy day but I dream of it often.  I would love to just sit around and have nothing on my schedule, nothing to do except to just sit and relax.  Of course this is far from realistic and my list is always a mile long.  There are some days when it is just harder to find the motivation to get everything done.  I look at my list and think, "Ugh."  Today started as one of those days.  Then I gave myself small pep talks.  Just go load the dishwasher and then you can have a cup of coffee.  As soon as the dishwasher was done, it became, "just go take out the trash" and "just go clean the refrigerator" and then "just go vacuum the kitchen".  Basically JUST go and get moving. Once I started moving it was easy to stay moving.  Newton's law of motion, "A body in motion stays in motion" once again saved another day.  I ended up getting the entire house vacuumed, all the farm chores finished, a big homemade dinner for Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I made one of his favorite desserts. I just need to remember.....just get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!