Saturday, July 2, 2016

Shopping for Yuckiness

Mr. Yesteryear Acres birthday is less than a week away.  It will be just the two of us for his birthday and he already is planning his birthday dinner.  He is quite excited because basically the other 364 days of the year, I make things that we both like.  I generally don't make things that I do not enjoy so Mr. Yesteryear Acres goes without some of his favorite foods.  My list of hated foods isn't a long list but I definitely loathe the foods on that list. For example, I hate bell peppers.  HATE them.  Yes, I know they are beautiful. Yes, I know they come in all sorts of pretty colors like red and orange and yellow.  Yes, I know they make food look appealing and evidently everyone else on the planet LOVES peppers.  I am constantly faced with the "why don't you try it again" and "I bet you can't even taste it in this dish" scenarios.  Guess what....I CAN TASTE THEM! AND I don't like them!  I am sure by now you have figured out that Mr. Yesteryear Acres LOVES peppers and must SUFFER life without them day after day after day.  Once in a while my younger daughter will lovingly prepare peppers for her Daddy and then the whole house smells awful for hours! Whenever Mr. Yesteryear Acres has peppers with his dinner, happiness surrounds him. So I guess I have to go shopping.  Shopping for yuckiness.  Shopping for bell peppers that will stink up the house and make everything smell awful.  I will prepare Mr. Yesteryear Acres beloved Stuffed Bell Peppers but I won't like it!  The only thing worse.....is when Mr. Yesteryear Acres asks for LIVER & ONIONS for his birthday dinner!  Gee - I hope he doesn't read today's blog.......yuckiness shopping is in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!