Thursday, October 13, 2016

The Frost is Coming

Mr. Yesteryear Acres got the dreaded forecast this morning that warned, "The Frost is Coming!" Oh no!  Time to get busy! Mr. Yesteryear Acres sent me to the garden to pick a few remaining veggies before the frost arrives tonight.  
 Right...........
He said there would be an eggplant or two to pick

One plant's worth 
Oh look!  More Eggplant! 
I decided it would be easier to make piles so I could go get baskets to carry them out of the rows 
Yes, that is baskets - as in plural!!!! 
The Okra doesn't believe the frost is coming

I picked a basket of Okra for Mr. Yesteryear Acres.  
"Don't forget the tomatoes!" 
No problem 
Just a few to pick!!!! 
I am sure glad I made the "quick" trip to the garden  
Looks like Roasted Eggplant time! 
Dinner tonight -
Spicy Thai Eggplant
over 
Sticky Coconut Jasmine Rice!
Mmmmmm!
Now all I have to do is........
Come up with a few more eggplant recipes
I only have 46 eggplants left to cook!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!