Friday, August 27, 2010

I Hope You Like Green Beans

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to snip 4 laundry baskets full of green beans?  No?  Not even a little? Doesn't it sound like that would be the ultimate in fun and entertainment? Not really???? Gee.  That is what I get to do tonight. Snip. Snip. Snip. Snip.  Then tomorrow in between taking care of the puppies and going to my son's cross country meet,  I get to process all the beans. And I wouldn't want you to get the wrong impression and think that I would be snipping four laundry baskets full of BIG ole green beans because that really wouldn't take hours and hours and hours. Oh no...we like our green beans nice and petite and mmmmm just right. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of green beans per basket.  They almost melt in your mouth they are so young and tender.  See how beautiful they are?


If you ever want your doggie to do a fantastic trick and feel you would really love to give your doggie a yummy treat - fresh green beans are awesome.  Our dogs love them. The puppies love them too.  Whenever I stand at the sink snipping away, I always have several pairs of eyes watching my every move.  What they are silently saying, "Oh I hope she drops one! I hope she drops one! OH PLEASE I hope she drops one!" The second I hand them a fresh green bean they immediately take off to some corner with their ultimate treasure.  Honestly they are that good! And yes - the humans in our home REALLY love them too! Green beans make delicious additions to sandwiches and wraps.  Tonight we are having homemade buttermilk fried chicken strips and putting them on warm tortillas with fresh (raw) green beans, paper thin sliced cucumbers and fresh tomatoes.  Put a teeny bit of buffalo wing sauce and ranch dressing on there, wrap up your tortilla, and you have yourself the best and most mouth watering delicious wrap on the planet!  I made myself hungry just writing that! What we can't eat fresh this week will all get processed and frozen for the winter.  That way we can enjoy our beans all year round.  The goal for green beans....52 quarts. I hope there is something really good on TV tonight.  I have a feeling I might be in for a double feature as I sit and snip and snip and snip. I wonder if Kevin Costner would like to keep me company? I am certain that he has to be a green bean lover and would make an excellent companion for Green Bean Fiesta night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!