Friday, August 20, 2010

Bubbles

My older daughter is safely back at the Naval Academy.  I dropped her off around noon along with the overflowing car load full of her uniforms and books and issued items and her comforter and blanket and pillow. We said our goodbyes and are already counting the days until we see each other again. I made the long drive back and was happy to play all my favorite songs on the car stereo. I picked all the best songs and happily sang along. It was nice to listen to what I like instead of relinquishing the stereo to my children. Ahhhh good road tunes finally!!!!! I talked to my mom on the phone for a long time on my drive home today.  We have both been so busy that it was awesome to catch up.  We actually talked for hours! OF COURSE I was using the hands free bluetooth phone system - so yes Mr. Yesteryear Acres - both hands were on the wheel and I was very safe while driving home. I was really glad to have spent the time with my mom.  We had some very much needed catching up to do. She was very good company!!!!  I got home in time for a late dinner and Mr. Yesteryear Acres had fresh picked sweet corn and tomatoes ready. Mmmmm.  That was delicious as always.  After dinner the four of us when out with a couple of doggies and puppies and played with bubbles.  Actual old fashioned, comes in a plastic bottle with a plastic wand, good ole bubbles.  If you ever want to have a very good laugh and be covered in smiles - blow bubbles for your doggie.  They are hysterical!  Our dogs do jumps and flips and run all over trying to pop each and every bubble before they hit the ground.  We were all laughing.  The kids loved it when Mr. Yesteryear Acres kept saying he was such a master with bubbles but they kept outdoing him in bubble performance. They were getting about 40 bubbles out of each wand and Mr. Yesteryear Acres had one or two.  It was pretty funny.  The doggies didn't seem to notice.  When Mr. Yesteryear Acres put his bottle of bubbles down....he was greeted by a furry wagging happy doodle with the bottle of bubbles in her mouth.  She wanted to let him know that she was ready for more.  It was a lot of fun being kids tonight and having fun blowing bubbles. The simple joys here always remind me.....there is no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!