Thursday, September 27, 2012

And the Apple WINS!

Last night the last of the tomatoes came out around 11pm. I washed all the trays and was totally ready for bed when Mr. Yesteryear Acres said, "We should start the apples!"  Oh my. I wanted to say no.  I wanted to say, "I AM TOO TIRED!"  I wanted to remind Mr. Yesteryear Acres that I was in the kitchen ALL DAY LONG. Mr. Yesteryear Acres said that if we started the trays then we would have apples ready for our older daughter.  OH SURE.  Of COURSE I started the apples then.  We started slicing and slicing and slicing.  We almost had half of a bushel sliced when I decided I would slice something else. Oh yes.  The score - ME:Zero......APPLE: THE WINNER! I sliced right through my thumb. SEE? I WAS TOO TIRED! No worries though - a few butterfly strips and some sticky gauze wrap and I was back in business.
We finished all the trays at 12:47am and today.....We have dried apple slices!  I am ready for round two and THIS time - the apple will not win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!