Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Situation Normal - Too Much to Do!

I have been working like crazy since the moment my feet hit the floor.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres started the day by bringing 40 glass quart canning jars up from the basement for me to clean and sterilize.  I told Mr. Yesteryear Acres that he was far too optimistic as to how many tomatoes we would bring in today - but he was convinced we would have boatloads. I began the ever so fun task of cleaning and sterilizing all the jars.  I cleaned my great big stockpots for the tomatoes.  When all the tomatoes were picked .....we filled one sink to the top with tomatoes and the other sink just partially filled.  Not exactly 40 quarts worth.  Poor Mr. Yesteryear Acres.  He really thought we would have a gigantic haul today.  Still I had a lot of work to peel and crush the tomatoes we did have and start cooking down the crushed tomatoes.  By the end of the day we got 16 quarts canned. Not bad!  Now I only need 88 more quarts to go! Besides cleaning the 40 jars and canning the tomatoes, I also
Combed, Trimmed and Bathed all of Eloise's Double Doodle puppies.

Put together the Double Doodle Puppy care packages

Made enough stir fry for dinner plus 6 care packages to freeze.  There are at least 6 fresh vegetables that I had to prepare and chop for the dinner.  My fingers are definitely wrinkly today!

Answered emails

Wrote my Blog

Exercised

and

yes - I was able to TAKE A SHOWER. I was quite a mess after washing all the puppies and spattering myself with tomato bits!

I still have the big stockpot of caked-on crushed tomatoes to clean, plus the dinner dishes to wash, plus the stir fry mess to clean up, plus I have 6 loads of laundry to fold.
Um.....will I ever get to bed?  Nope! Tomorrow is another busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!