Saturday, September 1, 2012

RAIN!

I woke up this morning to the sound of rain.  REAL rain.  The kind of rain you can barely see through.  You could almost feel the trees celebrating.  You could almost feel the garden veggies standing up tall to reach all the raindrops falling from the sky. I think you could almost feel the grass smiling.  We have needed rain in a big way and today, the rain is falling.  I want to kind of think it is my reward for getting the crushed tomato spaghetti sauce finished last night. Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I finished canning the 24 pints around midnight and they are perfect.
Now both of my daughters will have enough sauce to have one jar a week until mid-December. Not once did I think that I would have had 12 quarts of my 104 quarts checked off the list.  Okay I DID think that but I was really glad to have exactly the right amount of tomatoes to get my spaghetti sauce project completely finished.  Now when the next bath of fresh tomatoes are ready for picking - it is non-stop tomato canning until I reach my goal. The rain made me so happy this morning that I didn't even put away my canning pot. 
Come on rain!  Ripen those tomatoes!  My canning pot and I are standing by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!