Thursday, September 20, 2012

"And It Was All.......RED"

I love the song "Yellow" by Coldplay.  You know the one that goes,
"I drew a line,
I drew a line for you,
Oh what a thing to do,
And it was all "Yellow."
I wrote that so you could start singing it in your head and get it stuck there all day long. Aren't I thoughtful? Well here at Yesteryear Acres - that song was stuck in my head but it had a slight alteration.....

Oh what a thing to do,
And it was all "RED."
WHAT?!  YES. RED.  EVERYTHING HERE IS RED. Why you ask?  Well because Mr. Yesteryear Acres brought in boatloads of tomatoes from the garden. I do mean boatloads.  Bushel after bushel came in the kitchen and there I sat. All day long.  In front of the sink. Peeling a gazillion tomatoes.  I remember when I was scared we wouldn't get enough tomatoes.  Usually I am done with my tomato canning by Labor Day but we hardly had any tomatoes then.  Well now we have TONS.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I worked all day long.  He cooked the tomatoes outside on our propane stove and I peeled and we both canned.  It was our biggest tomato canning yield we ever had in one day. SIXTY-FOUR QUARTS! Yep.  64.  In one day.
Awwww Aren't they beautiful?

I couldn't even fit them all in one shot!
As soon as we finished the last quart jar, Mr. Yesteryear Acres said, "YAY!  Now tomorrow we can start our sundried tomato project!" Looks like the rest of the week, I will be wearing Red.  From head to toe!  Tomatoes anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!