Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Never Forget

Right now I am thousands of feet above the clouds, heading west. I have to admit I was a little nervous arriving at the airport.  Every September 11th, I am filled with thoughts of the attack on our nation and this morning was no different. I felt somber thinking about all the loved ones who perished that day. I think about all those people who went to work, boarded an airplane, who went about their normal routines, who never knew that this would be the last day of their lives. As I was buying some bottled water in the airport shop, all the televisions were playing re-runs of the news from 9/11. It was an odd feeling to prepare to board a plane, all the while hearing the news about the buildings on fire, people dying, and the planes crashing. I think all the passengers were feeling a little leery as it was fairly silent as we boarded. I found my seat and the woman next to me said, "Well, if today is the day I die, I will feel good knowing my life insurance is paid so my kids will be well taken care of."  We talked for a little while and I told her that I was going to take a nap. She said, " That is a good idea. I always wanted to go in my sleep." Forget 9/11.......I don't think so. Always Remember.  Never Forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!