Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Gasp! Must. Have. CHOCOLATE!

I woke up this morning thinking, "MAN I want some chocolate!"  I mean I really really want some chocolate! I have been so good with my exercise and excellent nutrition but today - all I could think about was how much I LOVE chocolate.  I was pretty good all day.  I ate a very healthy breakfast of crunchy fiber filled cereal.  I ate a very healthy lunch of salad, nuts, lowfat cheese and fat free dressing.  I ate a very healthy dinner of roasted sweet potatoes, baby peas and honey crunch chicken made with 0% Fat Free Greek Yogurt. I mean I am really working the healthy angle here all day long.  I even worked out for 51 minutes straight and THEN lifted weights.  I need a gold star.  I need a reward.  I NEED chocolate!  As soon as I was done eating dinner I thought OH MY GOSH! MAYBE just MAYBE we have one more slice of the sea salt caramel milk chocolate fudge that Mr. Yesteryear Acres got for Christmas. We had put several slices in the freezer to save for later.  I have slowly been emptying our sea salt chocolate fudge stash.  Last month, I ate the last slice.  It was a sad moment.  I thought - MAYBE I missed one slice.  Maybe there is one slice hidden somewhere in the deep recesses of the freezer.  I started emptying the freezer.  My daughter came in the kitchen and said, "What are you......oh never mind".  Even she knew.  I was on the hunt for chocolate.  I got to the very bottom of the freezer and sniff sniff.....no fudge.  Nothing.  I think a tear might have rolled down my face.  As I was closing the freezer drawer, right there, in the tiny recess shelf that sits flush with the door hinge....there was one beautiful slice of Sea Salt Caramel Fudge. HEAVEN!  I ran out the door jumping for joy. I ran to Mr. Yesteryear Acres saying, "I FOUND ONE LAST PIECE OF FUDGE!" Mr. Yesteryear Acres said, "Oh the one in the door?" He put that there for me just in case I ever had a fudge emergency.  Gosh I love that guy!  Good ole Mr. Yesteryear Acres.  Saving that last slice of delicious chocolate heaven just for me!  THANK GOODNESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!