Sunday, May 5, 2013

New Auntie

I met the nicest group of people today.  We hit it off right away and just talked for hours. One of the men in the group had suffered from a stroke and was in the recovery stage.  He nearly died and we were immediately bonded by our shared near-death experiences.  Almost dying definitely changes you. He is filled with a renewed sense of joy and happiness and appreciation for life that is stronger than ever.  I can say the same.  There is never a day that is taken for granted. There is never a day that isn't filled with gratitude.  The man I met summed it up perfectly, in the end, all that matters is love.  I couldn't agree more.  I love life. I love Mr. Yesteryear Acres. I love my children. I love my doodle doggies.  I love my family. I love my home. I love each and every day. When we were saying our goodbyes, one of the women in the group was almost in tears. She said she didn't want to leave and she would remember me forever.  She lives very close to where my older daughter will be stationed next.  The Marine Corp will be moving my daughter this summer.  My new friend has now appointed herself my daughter's new "Auntie".  She said she would cook for my daughter and look after her any time my daughter needs it. She has a new home away from home.  How nice is that?  She really meant it too.  I guess my family just grew by one!  Welcome to the family Auntie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!