Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Oh! She is 6 years old!

Yesterday someone asked me how old my horse Cheyenne was.  I immediately replied, "Oh she is 6 years old - she is my youngest horse.  My oldest horse is Buckwheat and she is about 10 years old."  I asked Mr. Yesteryear Acres how old he thought our horses were - and he came up with almost the exact same numbers.  Buckwheat is about 10 years old, Willow is 8 and Cheyenne is 6.  I then said, "I remember the day I got Buckwheat.  It was a lifelong dream come true."  I got Buckwheat for my 30th birthday present.  30.  When I was 30 years old.  As in NOT yesterday........
OH MY GOSH!  I AM SO OLD! Both Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I stood there with our mouths wide open when we did the math. Our horses have been healthy every single day. They are the easiest going, most loving, most awesome horses.  It seems like yesterday when we brought them here.  BUT IT WASN'T! My 30th birthday was almost 18 years ago!!!!! Buckwheat was 7 years old when we got her.  That makes her 25 years old!!!!!!!! We got Willow the very next year when Willow was 5 years old so that makes her 23 years old and Cheyenne was a mere baby when we got her. She just turned 2 years old the day we brought her home. Cheyenne is now 18!  How did that happen?  My horses are old! I just shook my head in disbelief.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres shook his head along with me.  I wouldn't say we were in denial BUT if you were to ask us about our oldest child........she STILL lives at home, in her room, which looks exactly like it did the day she left for the Naval Academy.......ALMOST 5 years ago!!!! Even though I know that right now she is trying to buy a house of her very own..in North Carolina........she still lives here! Oh my gosh.  Any day now, I will realize that my oldest child does not live here any more.  I will also realize my horses are much older than they were the day we brought them home.
Until then.......look at my cute horsey babies!
This is my sweet Buckwheat

Cheyenne - "the Doodle Horse" because she will literally follow you everywhere. Every step you take, Cheyenne is right there with you.  She would snuggle with you all day long if she could!   
I could spend all day out in the field with them

They like it because evidently I make the perfect scratching post

My son is almost too tall for our tallest horse!  He couldn't even reach her nose when we brought Willow home!

I LOVE the smell of horses. I love to pet my horses. I love to hug my horses.  They are so sweet and so beautiful.

My son just likes to hop on and take off. Willow doesn't even need a saddle or halter.  She goes wherever my son wants.

Suntanning......Yesteryear Acres Style!

Mr. Yesteryear Acres can never get enough horsey hugs!  
They are such nice, sweet and VERY young horsies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!