Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Greatest Gift

When I was younger, all I wanted to be when I grew up was a Mom.  People would ask me, "So what do you want to be when you grow up?" As soon as I said, I wanted to be a mom, the person asking always had to add, "what else?" or "No what do you want to BE as in a CAREER" or "That isn't something you want to BE - you have to want to be something more".  The truth is - no I didn't.  I didn't want to be something "more".  I wanted to be a mom.  No make that - I wanted to be a great mom.  I wanted to be a mom that was home for her kids, that greeted them when they came home from school, that baked homemade goodies, that brushed off their bumps and bruises, and would be there for them always. It is nice to grow up and be EXACTLY what you always wanted to be.  I have loved my children from the depths of my soul since the moment they entered this world and that love has only grown more every single day.  To say I love being a mom would be a gross understatement.  It has been the greatest gift of my life. I have 3 amazing wonderful children who I adore.  As an added bonus, they adore me that much right back. I am so blessed.  I am showered with love every day. Happy Mother's Day to my mom.  Happy Mother's Day to Mr. Yesteryear Acres mom. Happy Mother's Day to all moms everywhere. We all share these universal truths:
We never eat the last piece of pie if our child wants it

We never sit down to eat until everyone is served

We never miss an opportunity to hang a child's accomplishment/art work/picture on our refrigerator

We are never happier than our least happiest child

We never turn down a hug from our children

We never want the hugs to end

We never want our children to leave yet....
We always want them to grow

Happy Mother's Day. I hope your day is full of blessings and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!