Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy First Day of Summer!!

It's officially summer time!! To kick off the longest day of the year my brother and I planned a lovely picnic by the pond. I made summer sandwiches with chicken, ham, lettuce, baby cucumbers and cheese. I also brought back root beer and little snacks for the hardworking guys. The weather was wonderful. It was a perfect mix of sunshine and warm breezes. My brother and I talked about the cattails he was pulling out of the pond, the hay field, the doodle doggies, and other small talk topics. To outsiders this wouldn't seem that special, but it always means everything to me. Since I've gone to college, time with my brother has been better. We get along better and just enjoy each other's company more. You know he is actually really funny! Like tears-rolling-down-my-face-I'm-laughing-so-hard funny. He can do something so annoying, and make me laugh so hard that I can't even be mad at him! And he is really smart and has just the best ideas.  Our summer lunch together was perfect. For dinner I made a light summer chicken salad made with shredded chicken (from the roasted chicken I made the other day), grapes, two kinds of apples, carrots, dried cherries, and the "glue" that holds it all together. This is especially delicious when eaten with cool ranch Doritos! To finish off our evening we had a new kind of cookie I made today called fudgy cappuccino crinkles, and they were quite tasty if I do say so myself. The recipe even calls for yogurt in the batter so it like its healthy!!! So here's to summer! The season of bonfires, s'mores, fireflies, outside swimming, family time, catching up with friends, road trips, and the occasional lazy summer day laying on the dock! It's also the glorious season of the farmers tan! I think I am lucky enough to already have nice sock lines forming! Happy first day of summer everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!