Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Making Up For Lost Time

Hello everyone! This is Amelia your guest blogger for the week giving you a different view of life at Yesteryear Acres. As you may have read I have recently come back from my semester abroad in Europe. And when I got home I might of said something along the lines of "I really missed cooking when I was gone". This seemingly simply sentence has kept me quite busy in the kitchen these last few weeks here at Yesteryear Acres. Tomorrow will be exactly one month since I have been home and I have already made the following:

Poached eggs and asparagus with caramelized butter
Salad with homemade dressing, pumpkin seeds, tomatoes, and almonds
Poached egg sandwiches on homemade toasted rolls with laughing cow cheese and lemon tomato sauce of course with a side of pepper bacon
Spicy Sesame flounder, mixed rice, and corn on the cob
Homemade venison chili with beans and corn
Banana blueberry pancakes
Lime tomato sauce with edamame over rice
Quinoa, beets, and roasted pork
Poached eggs, sweet potatoes, and peas,
A garbanzo bean dill dip with fresh colored peppers
10 lbs of sloppy Joe's for a birthday party
Chinese pork and green beans with mixed rice
Creme Brulee
Omelets with caramelized onions and mushrooms, sauteed peppers, sliced tomatoes and cheese, with sides of toast and bacon
Raisin walnut pie
Beef Wellington 
Roasted Chicken, corn on the cob, and mixed rice
Countless man-sandwiches barely held together by toothpicks
And
Ranger cookies.

I actually just finished baking more ranger cookies and they are already almost gone! My brother walked in from a long day of mowing the field and asked where his cookies were. I replied with "Sorry Dad just ate the last one" to which he said "okay, but where are MY cookies?" And how can I deny such a hardworking boy? I mean he does kill the occasional spider in my room and he did just fix my car tire... SO I started whipping up a batch of fresh cookies and while my brother sat in the kitchen to keep me company he asked "so what are you making for dinner tomorrow night? You know pork and sauerkraut with mashed potatoes doesn't sound too bad..." Well folks looks like I'm off to the grocery store. If you can believe it I am out of ingredients and I have hungry hardworking farm boys to feed! Thank goodness my family is helping me adjust to life back at home! I just think how lucky I am for being able to make up for lost time and I am even more grateful that I didn't say something like "I sure missed doing laundry at home"!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!