Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Ribbon at a Time

Mr. Yesteryear Acres is one of those GET UP AND GO kind of guys.  He has an internal alarm clock that no matter how late we stayed up the night before, no matter how sleep deprived he may be, no matter how exhausted he is..... his internal alarm clock is set for 6:00am.  In fact sometimes it is set for 5:00am.  In all our married years together, this is something I will never understand.  WHY? WHY oh WHY must he get up so EARLY every SINGLE day?!  I do not have this internal alarm clock.  I actually need a real alarm clock to wake me up or else I would just stay all rolled up in my comfy covers forever.  I love my bed.  I love sleeping.  I hate waking up! Not Mr. Yesteryear Acres.  He loves the morning hours.  By the time I wake up around 7:30-8:00am, Mr. Yesteryear Acres is complaining that half the day has flown by. I have literally slept away HALF the day.  Ummmmm I don't think so. I have to remind him that while he fell asleep on the couch the second he sat down, I was up until way past midnight working.  I rarely get to bed before midnight - so really we have almost the entire day covered between the two of us.  It works out well with raising puppies.  Our puppies are only left unattended from midnight to 5:00-6:00am so they get TONS of love and attention all day long.  This morning when I woke up, Mr. Yesteryear Acres showed me sunrise pictures he had taken on his cell phone.  Maybe Mr. Yesteryear Acres has something to the get up early philosophy.  The pictures reminded me of a poem by Emily Dickinson...
"I'll tell you how the sun rose....
a ribbon at a time
Happy sunrise morning :)






2 comments:

  1. beautiful photos!!! Beautiful sunrise...but, I agree with you; the 5 o'clock hour should only come once a day!

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!