Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Be Safe

Thank you to everyone who asked how my son was doing after the car accident. His head is still bothering him but he seems to be improving each day.  No one ever wants to get the call, "There has been an accident".  It is so scary and a reminder of how fragile life can be.  How many times do we get in a car and think nothing of it? How many times do we mindlessly and effortlessly drive down the freeway? My son was merely returning from delivering some adorable furry doodle puppies when out of the blue he was hit by another driver who was not paying attention to the road.
Here is the damage to our SUV

2/3rds of our SUV will need completely replaced as the frame is bent and the damage extends to the front passenger door.  The sun roof is missing as well.
The parts have been ordered for our SUV and the remaining estimated repair time is an additional four weeks. Every time I look at our driveway and see our missing SUV, I immediately think of how lucky we all were that no one was seriously hurt. Early yesterday morning I let my son know that I was leaving the deep dark woods and I would be back home around 10:00am.  This is what he wrote to me......
 "Be Safe"
That is my wish for us all.  Be Safe.  Make Every Day Count. Be Grateful. Most importantly - don't ever put off telling the ones you love how important they are to you.  Let your loved ones know how deeply you love them and make sure that every day, they know, without a doubt, they are loved and cherished. May we all be safe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!