Friday, August 29, 2014

Getting Ready

Today I have been busy in the kitchen getting ready for Yesteryear Acres Labor Day festivities. No Labor Day weekend would be complete without homemade ice cream so of course that was first up on the to-do list. Coffee Heath Bar Crunch was the first flavor of the day and I have to say.....mmmmmm!  Next up was Vanilla Malt Heath Bar Crunch. I had Mr. Yesteryear Acres lick the dasher and I was awarded an honorary blue ribbon of excellence.  He said he was pretty sure I could win a National championship with that flavor.  I am so excited for everyone to try it as that one is a new flavor I just made.  Now all I have left is to make one batch of banana ice cream and then one batch of Maraschino Cherry Chunk and the ice cream making portion of my weekend will be done.  I also have a loaf of whole grain bread baking in the oven and a double batch of homemade rolls up next on my baking list. Mr. Yesteryear Acres is in charge of his special BBQ baby back ribs and then I think the feasting can begin! Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!